Palmerston North Boys’ High School seeks to provide young men with an intellectual and moral education which will enable them to make a valuable contribution to society. The School aims to develop all students in terms of providing the widest opportunities in academic, sporting and cultural activities in an environment which fosters the awareness of growth in personal and social relationships. The School achieves this by:
- Offering young men a comprehensive range of educational, vocational and recreational experiences.
- Emphasising the successful development of the skills of communication, literacy and numeracy.
- Preparing young men for examinations and NCEA assessments and future career opportunities.
- Presenting young men with firm and reasonable guidelines to responsible behaviour.
- Actively encouraging and developing the qualities of reliability, honesty, concern for others and leadership.
- Offering young men a wide range of sporting and cultural opportunities (recreational and competitive) and encouraging them to assume life-long responsibility for their own fitness and health.