At Palmy Boys’
Sports Development Trials 2022
Since 2014, we have been offering the young men in the junior school the opportunity to take part in a Sports Development Programme. The purpose of the programme is to provide promising Year 9 and 10 sportsmen with the opportunity to develop fully as talented athletes. The programme includes five specialised classes in basketball, cricket, football, hockey and rugby. A key objective of the Sports Development Programme is to promote character development and ideals in our young athletes that will enable them to make informed decisions about furthering their involvement in sport.
Students will be required to apply and trial for selection into the programme.
- To instil and enhance the school values in each student (Integrity, Courage, Pride, Respect, Industry, Humility).
- Develop lifelong learning opportunities through a challenging and stimulating environment.
- To promote ideals in our young athletes that will enable them to make informed decisions about furthering their involvement in sport.
- To develop a greater understanding in our junior athletes of current methods in sport, in areas such as: sports nutrition, goal setting, time management, fitness testing and programmes, training methods, skill development, measuring improvement, sports psychology, team and individual philosophy, dealing with success and failure, coaching, and sports leadership.
At Palmy Boys’
- Character Education
- Careers Information for Students
- Developing Young Men
- Shand Shield
- Pastoral Care
- Video Gallery
- School Rules
- School Map
- School Calendar
- Teaching Positions at PNBHS
- Information for Year 9 Parents
- Senior Production