At Palmy Boys’
The Mentoring Programme
All junior form classes have a number of Year 13 students allocated to work with them in a mentoring role. The senior students who are selected to fulfil this role are chosen primarily as the positive approach they have employed in their time at Palmerston North Boys’ High School makes them positive role models for junior students to emulate.
The role of the mentor students is to:
- Assist students to successfully make the transition into Year 9 (or from Year 9 into Year 10) at Palmerston North Boys’ High School.
- Encourage students to become fully involved in the life of the school through involvement in co-curricular and Shand Shield activities.
- Encourage young men to commit themselves to giving their best effort with all classroom and homework activities.
- Monitor use of homework diaries – alert the form teacher to students who are not using or not bringing their diaries on a regular basis.
- Assist students with the completion of goal setting activities, and discuss their goals and aspirations with them.
- Provide advice to students relating to key school events, for example junior examinations.
- Support students who are experiencing difficulties or who have questions regarding specific aspects of school life.
- To make the form teacher aware of any student in their class whom there are concerns about regarding any aspect of their school life.
At Palmy Boys’
- Character Education
- Careers Information for Students
- Developing Young Men
- Shand Shield
- Pastoral Care
- Video Library
- School Rules
- School Map
- School Calendar
- Teaching Positions at PNBHS
- 2021 Stationery
- Information for Year 9 Parents